KOR News - 9 December 2019
PR Account Executive –
up to £21K*
We are looking for an ambitious Account Executive to join our busy, award-winning strategic communications consultancy; someone with real potential and a passion for professional communications.
We provide specialist communications for businesses and organisations with interests in land, property and rural affairs, so a knowledge and understanding of these sectors is essential. Our clients include homebuilders, landed estates, commercial property developers, property management companies, rural businesses and the UK’s leading rural insurance company.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the delivery of PR and communications programmes.
- Supporting the smooth running of the office and client accounts.
- Liaising with clients, media, suppliers and others – on the phone, via email and in person.
- Account administration.
- Research and planning for news stories, campaigns, events and new clients.
- Social media content creation, monitoring and scheduling.
- Monitoring and compiling client coverage (in print and online).
- Monitoring local, regional, national and sector publications for opportunities and news.
- Organising meetings and taking minutes.
- Assisting with the organisation of events.
- Compiling and maintaining databases.
You will work closely with our Account Managers and Account Director on the delivery of PR and communications work and will have the opportunity to get involved with a number of our client accounts and activities. As you progress in your role, there will be an opportunity to grow within the company and take on more responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, including phone, email, personal and group contact.
- Sound knowledge of social and digital media channels.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Keen interest in news and current affairs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills.
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle.
- A degree or qualification in PR, communications, or similar.
- A year or more experience in PR or a related industry.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing for media, social media, and websites.
- Knowledge of communications tools/software (for example, social media scheduling tools, media monitoring software, Google Analytics, e-newsletter software).
As a valued member of the team, KOR will offer opportunities for training, networking sessions and industry events. Our employees also enjoy a day off on their birthday and plenty of fresh fruit, tea and coffee in the office (as well as the occasional slice of cake!). You will also be enrolled on the KOR pension scheme.
There is free car parking directly outside our offices which are located in Old Broadclyst Station, just outside Exeter.
* Salary will be dependent on experience.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to Guy.Newman@korcommunications.co.uk.
The deadline for applications is noon on Wednesday 8 January 2020. Initial phone interviews will take place shortly after the deadline and shortlisted candidates will be then invited to attend a formal interview at our offices.