Addressing the challenges of climate change, providing space for nature and enabling both rural and urban communities to thrive, are all in a day’s work for our clients. Collectively, these clients are the stewards of many thousands of acres of Britain with a commitment to sustainable development and improving the environment and society for future generations.
Our growing portfolio of clients in this sector have important stories to tell, to gain the support of their communities to deliver a whole range of important projects. This is why we’re now looking for a brilliant Senior Account Executive to join our award-winning, specialist communications consultancy, based in Exeter.
The ideal candidate will already have experience as an Account Executive or been employed as a journalist for at least two years. Most importantly you will have a keen interest in the natural and built environment and you will be a confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to write compelling content for both print and digital channels.
From the outset, you’ll be working on some fascinating and complex client accounts, rapidly developing your skills and, over time, taking on additional responsibilities. As part of the core client team, you will support the Account Manager to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of PR and communications projects. You will receive in-house training to improve and succeed in the role with an opportunity for longer term career development.
- An interest in the environment, sustainable development and rural affairs
- A keen interest in news and current affairs
- Experienced in using social and digital media on behalf of a client
- A good understanding of media relations
- An excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to write a range of content for different platforms including social media, websites, newsletters, case studies and media releases
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Positive, personable and a good team player
- Creative, inquisitive, proactive and ambitious
- Keen to learn and succeed
- Organised and with a forensic attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills
- Accountable and committed with integrity
Your duties would include:
- Supporting the Account Manager with the smooth running of client accounts and the delivery of PR and communications projects
- Drafting, scheduling and monitoring of content for social media
- Producing clear, accurate and engaging copy for client websites, social media, newsletters and the press
- Assisting with the process of press release distribution and helping to pitch items to media as directed
- Research and planning for news stories and working alongside managers to generate ideas for clients
- Liaising with clients, media, suppliers and others – on the phone, via email and in person
- Compiling databases and media distribution lists
- Monitoring media for client coverage both in-print and online
- Supporting managers with monthly reporting and evaluation of data
- Organising meetings, taking notes and assisting with the organisation of events
The Senior Account Executive role
This is a full-time role based at our offices on the outskirts of Exeter, Devon. The role does require you to have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle. We have free parking directly outside our offices.
Our employees receive 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays and an extra day off on their birthday too. You will also be enrolled on the KOR pension scheme.
The deadline for applications is noon on Friday 21st January 2022. Initial interviews will take place via Zoom shortly after the deadline, and shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend a formal interview at our office.
In the first instance, if you would like to have an informal chat about the role please contact our MD Annette Richman on 01392 466733.
To apply please download and complete the role application form outlining your suitability for the role and send via email to Annette Richman at email@example.com.