In 2018, KOR Communications supported the launch of the Environmental Futures & Big Data Impact Lab (Impact Lab), a £6.4m project, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
KOR devised a three-year strategic communications plan with the aim of attracting new Devon-based small and medium enterprises (SMEs), as well as informing a wide group of stakeholders about the scale and scope of the Impact Lab services and support to achieve maximum engagement.
KOR project managed the new Impact Lab website, which was designed and built by Website Vision, and oversaw the branding of the project, completed by our designer.
The work came together at the project’s official launch in September 2018, where 140 guests gathered at the at the state-of-the-art Met Office High Performance Computer (HPC) Complex. KOR worked closely with the Impact Lab team to facilitate the event and announce its official opening to press. Our photographer was on hand to capture compelling images, which helped to achieve local and regional press coverage.
We also worked with a video production team to produce an overview video explaining what the Impact Lab does and how it can help Devon-based SMEs, interviewing partner representatives and creating the narrative for the final video.
Over a five-month period, the following was achieved:
- 20 pieces of press coverage in target local and regional publications, with estimated online views of 16.8k and print circulation of 25k.
- The launch of a vibrant website designed to engage and inspire target audiences.
- Development of a strong organisational brand, as well as design and production of all necessary branding and marketing materials.
- A suite of high-quality event photography.
- A fully-integrated strategic communications plan to carry the Impact Lab through the three-years of project funding.