Exeter City Council’s inward investment initiative, Invest in Exeter, aims to raise the profile of Exeter as an outstanding place to do business and grow a company, with a view to attracting new and exciting firms and organisations to the area.
Working alongside the Invest in Exeter team, KOR has publicised and profiled a number of leading businesses in Exeter, many of which have been highly successful, global companies. This has helped to enhance Exeter’s reputation, particularly in the science and technology sectors.
In 2016 alone, we secured 53 pieces of coverage in regional and national outlets, which reached over 200,000 people online and almost 770,000 in print.
By using Exeter’s existing assets, such as strong research and education facilities, great work life balance and a thriving tech community, KOR came up with a programme of promotional activity which included:
- Organising a launch event to kick-start the campaign with key business ambassadors
- Editorial profiles of different businesses, placed in national media and industry specific press
- Designing infographics detailing all that Exeter has to offer
- Working with external agencies to gain intelligence on perceptions of Exeter
- Organising a media trip with journalists from well-known national publications
In 2017, the following was achieved:
- 45 pieces of coverage
- 102k estimated coverage views
- 3.54m online readership
- 963k circulation
- Increase in enquiries to the Inward Investment team
- Recommissioned to continue working with Exeter City Council
In securing coverage in key local and regional outlets, online platforms and sector specific publications, KOR Communications ensured Invest in Exeter’s key messages reached target audiences; promoting Exeter as an outstanding place to live, work and do business and raising awareness of the specialist business support offered by Exeter City Council’s inward investment team.
In 2016, the following was achieved:
- 53 pieces of coverage
- 216k estimated coverage views
- 768k circulation
It is a pleasure working with KOR Communications on Invest in Exeter PR activity. They have delivered all the desired outcomes laid out in their 2016 contract and more besides. With their reliable professional service, constant supply of good ideas, and prompt turnaround of quality work, it is no surprise that Exeter City Council has extended their contract into 2017. Victoria Hatfield, Economy & Enterprise Manager
Est. Coverage Views 2017